Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Data Scientist Manager
- Department Analytics and Data Services
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
WHO YOU ARE : As a talented Senior Data Science Manager for Guidewire, Your responsibilities will include:
- Directly leading a team of Data Scientist and ML Engineers, with team members based both in the San Mateo head office and remote
- Making data-driven decisions and defining success criteria for your projects, and ensuring that these are met
- Mentoring your team in the latest data science and ML engineering techniques
- Working with product managers and engineering to design, scope and implement our analytics platform, data products, modeling pipelines and models
- Working alongside and communicating with other teams, including actuaries, modelers and data analysts
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts effectively, including the use of appropriate visualizations, for technical and non-technical audiences
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Compute Science, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering, Economics) or bachelor degree
- 8+ years of industry experience building and architecting data driven systems, analyzing data, and building and testing ML models in a production environment with proven business impact; 2+ years leading projects or as a manager
- Understanding of ML and ML engineering techniques
- Ability to scope, plan and execute given business use cases
- Coding and mentoring ability in Python or R, and SQL
- Demonstrated ability in architecture, data analysis and communication
- A growth attitude at the personal and team level
- Proficiency in AWS (EC2, EMR, S3, SageMaker), Python, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Spark, Kafka, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience in InsurTech, FinTech, and/or P&C domain knowledge
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.