Adventure's around the corner...
Professional Services Revenue Accounting Manager - Edina, MN
- Department Finance
- Location United States - Edina, MN
Leadership & Process Excellence
- Experience in creating an environment where people want to do their best, can motivate direct reports and team or project members, and can assess how to get the best out of the team or individual. Experience should include specific examples of growing a team by pushing tasks and decisions down to create competency and empower others. Be able to roll up sleeves and be hands-on when situations and the team requires.
- Leadership style should include an open door policy to input and visibility, as well as the ability and willingness to recognize individual contribution and that their work is important and valued. In essence, be a person that you would want to work for who encourages and challenges and leads by example.
- Proven ability to deliver and drive to results in measurable and defined ways.
- Process management excellence – good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done along with the ability to organize people and activities; not a micromanager but a leader who can picture and articulate what needs to be done and how to separate or combine tasks into efficient work flows for scalability.
- Understands personal productivity and how to measure it and see synergy and integration where others can’t as a solution provider, not a task master. Simplifies complex processes, get more out of fewer resources.
- Exceptional problem solver – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems and is excellent at honest analysis. Doesn’t stop at first answers.
- Strong business acumen – can identify risk and opportunity.
- Prioritization skills – be on top of what is going on with business and team. Understand the urgency. Be able to plan and prioritize the tasks accordingly.
Revenue Recognition Expertise and Excellence
- Review and analyze revenue contracts and document significant terms and accounting conclusions to ensure that revenue is recorded in compliance with Company’s revenue recognition policy and accounting literature in accordance with ASC 606.
- Partner and work cross functionally with other business groups (Professional Services, Professional Services Operations, FP&A, Legal, Deal Desk) on customer contract negotiations and revenue recognition assessments.
- Be able to analyze terms and conditions and identify the relevant ASC 606 guidance, and provide the impact to the business groups in a timely manner
- Manage the execution of monthly global revenue close including review of revenue, deferred revenue, journals, account reconciliation and fluxes, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Responsible for managing revenue accounting operations focusing on professional services revenue stream;
- Understand the order-to-cash processes including systems logics and the downstream impacts.
- Lead and manage quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits by external auditors.
- Support SEC reporting processes.
- Ensure compliance with internal requirements and develop/refine revenue accounting processes and procedures with a focus on continuous improvements.
- Work closely with key business owners to drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Support revenue team on ad-hoc analysis and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of combined experience in public/private industry and public accounting, with at least 3 years of work experience directly related to revenue recognition.
- Experience at Big 4 public accounting firm is preferred.
- Experience in the software and technology sector is preferred.
- Knowledge of current US GAAP with respect to revenue recognition and ability/willingness to stay current on all related developing issues
- Excellent time management skills and operate with a sense of urgency, with self-starter orientation
- Ability to suggest new ideas and process improvements in an increasingly complex environment.
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills required and ability to work with and analyze and interpret large volumes of transactional data.
- Oracle Cloud application experience is preferred.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.