Adventure's around the corner...
Software Engineer - Cloud - Birmingham, AL
- Department Product Development
- Location Birmingham, AL
What you would do
- Design and develop tools and automation to manage life cycle of high availability (HA) distributed services and applications on multiple platforms.
- Design, Develop and implement micro-services, components & tools
- Do test-driven (TDD), unit, and end-to-end testing
- Own scalability, availability and data security for your services
- Deploy containerized applications to the preferred cloud provider (AWS)
- Own Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) for your services
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve code defects
- Mentor other developers in best practices
- Support the operations team with deployment, support and triaging production issues for your code
What you would need to succeed
- Emphasize team wins over individual success
- Strong technical communication skills
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Excellent software development skills in one or more of the following OOP languages: Java (and/or other JVM-based languages) / Golang / NodeJs
- Prior demonstrable experience Infrastructure as Code and configuration management, using tools like Terraform and Ansible.
- Have developed in more than one language and ready to pivot to any language/framework.
- Understand SOLID/Hexagonal Architecture and other design principles
- Understand REST API / gRPC for data interchange
- Understand microservices architecture patterns pattern like Service Discovery/API Gateway/Domain Driven Design etc.
- Intermediate-level debugging skills in Linux
- Have implemented distributed tracing and monitoring of apps
- Understand IaaS abstractions like Kubernetes / Cloud foundry / OpenShift
- Understand Serverless function and their relevant use
- Should have a sound understanding of repeatable automated services.
- Ability to work in an agile fast paced environment
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or Math) or equivalent level of demonstrable professional competency.
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of Kafka, Elasticsearch, Spring Boot, AWS
- Python and/or Bash programming skills
- Advanced debugging skills in Linux
- Startup experience
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.