Adventure's around the corner...
Revenue & Tax Intern (Summer 2021) - San Mateo, CA
- Department Students & Graduates
- Location San Mateo, CA
Primary Responsibilities - Revenue
- Assist with monthly invoicing operations and inquiries for multiple revenue streams – Professional Services, Training, License and Maintenance
- Distribute invoices to customers in a timely manner using Oracle, Ariba, and email
- Collaborate with team to ensure billing accuracy
- Create contract objects in our source system, FinancialForce, for Professional Services revenue based on Statements of Work and Change Orders
- Assist in the month-end close tasks and reporting for ASC 606
- Assist with system enhancement projects and testing
- Additional ad-hoc requests that arise
Primary Responsibilities - Tax
- Analyze revenue data for sales and use tax compliance, and assist with monthly filings
- Collaborate and coordinate with 3rd party service provider in preparing quarterly estimated tax filings and payments
- Assist in month-end and quarter-end reporting cycles for tax-related projects such as tax account reconciliations, as well as other financial statement-related items
- Assist in preparing and reviewing state and/or foreign income tax returns
- Other ad-hoc requests
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative work ethic and a team-player
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Committed to problem-solving and driving projects to completion
- Actively working towards a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or business with a desire for high achievement
What to Expect
- Deepen your understanding of Revenue Recognition, Accounts Receivable, and Tax
- Exposure to core finance systems such as Oracle, FinancialForce, CPQ, and LMS
- Exposure to property tax and franchise tax processes
- Develop proficiency in commonly used applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Opportunities to collaborate with the broader finance organization and other cross-functional teams
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.