Adventure's around the corner...
Director of Revenue - San Mateo, Ca
- Department Finance
- Location San Mateo, CA
Leadership & Process Excellence
- Experience in creating an environment where people want to achieve their best. You should be able to motivate direct reports, team or project members and have a keen sense on how to assess individuals or a team to ensure you are maximizing their potential. Experience should include specific examples of growing/developing a team via your management approach to help develop competency and empowering others to make decisions.
- Your Leadership style should not only include our three principles, but be one of collaboration, partnership and inclusions, as well as the ability and willingness to recognize both individual and team contributions that are important to the overall success of the team. In essence, be a person that you would want to work for who encourages, motivates, knows how to challenge others all while leading by example.
- Proven ability to deliver and drive to results in measurable and defined ways.
- Process management excellence – Resourceful in creating or fine tuning the processes necessary to complete the work along with the ability to organize people and activities. Not necessarily a micromanager but an empowering leader who can picture and articulate what needs to be accomplished and how to separate or combine tasks into efficient work flows for scalability.
- Understands personal productivity and how to measure it and see synergy and integration where others can’t as a solution provider, not a task master. Simplifies complex processes, get more out of fewer resources.
- Exceptional problem solver – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems and is excellent at honest analysis. Doesn’t stop at first answers rather he/she will strive to seek the correct answer.
- Strong business acumen – can identify risk and opportunity.
- An efficient multi-tasker – we’re a remote team, can marshal resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish their goal.
Revenue Recognition Subject Matter Expert
- You will provide technical revenue recognition guidance in accordance with our existing revenue policy, ASC 606 and in accordance to U.S. GAAP in order to properly recognize revenue. Will also serve as one of the primary contacts for all technical accounting matters.
- Partner with the Deal Desk team to provide revenue recognition guidance during contract negotiations.
- Partner with the Business (Sales, Legal, Product, and Pricing teams) to provide revenue guidance/consideration with respect to our growing product offering.
- Manage and own the contract revenue write-up process and partner with our external auditors to ensure the accuracy of our revenue is maintained.
- Work closely with the FP&A team as it relates to revenue forecasting.
- Perform technical guidance (ASC 606) research and provide solutions/options to new and complex issues.
- As specific revenue matters develop prepare technical revenue memos and work with our external auditors to ensure they are discussed and signed off in a timely manner.
- Manage and update our existing revenue recognition policies.
- Review, analyze and update 10Q/K Revenue, deferred revenue sections etc. to ensure compliance with industry reporting standards, U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Create/update training material and provide ongoing training to cross-functional organization members on revenue related matters
- Assist with other accounting projects/areas as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance.
- 8+ years of experience with a combination of Big 4 accounting and industry/corporate accounting.
- Strong software and SaaS revenue recognition knowledge in the areas of ASC 606, and related revenue recognition pronouncements under US GAAP.
- Experience with a high-growth and fast-paced company, ideally in the Software industry.
- ·Experience with multiple business models such as SaaS, on-premise licenses, and services.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Great interpersonal skills to collaborate with different individuals across the organization.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with all levels of management and be able to relate to their needs and perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- Great organization skills, to be able to manage and prioritize several different activities in parallel.
- Ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity as required.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.