Adventure's around the corner...
VP BizTech Strategy & Operations - US Remote Option
- Department Business Technology
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
- As the BizTech S&O Lead, you will:
- Provide thought leadership and guidance for continuous improvement of an Agile PMO that enables innovation and accelerates delivery (incl. portfolio intake and governance)
- Lead and develop a team of Program managers to deliver continuous business value to our partners
- Lead and develop a team of Design professionals to evolve human-centered design practice for BizTech
- Lead and develop a team of Technology Enablement professionals to ensure awareness and adoption of services and new capabilities delivered
- Lead and develop a team of Enterprise Architects to define multi-year target state architecture
- Lead and develop a team of Testing professionals to ensure consistency of quality practices and test automation.
- Attract and hire exceptional talent and grow your team with requisite domain / subject matter experience
- Embraces dynamic and talented team that challenges each other to reach their full potential and committed to career development and coaching; Responsible for the overall managerial responsibility and day to day operations of the Team
- Define the multi-year BizTech strategy to support our next chapter of growth focused on improving scale, experience and efficiency
- Partner with key stakeholders across the entire business to manage and drive dramatic improvement to business and customer outcomes around the end-to-end value chain of the enterprise
- Ensure that investments and initiatives in Business Technology services align with organizational strategy and priorities
- Deliver effective service management through the definition and adoption of a governance practice that uses KPIs and metrics to track and measure the quality of service
- Define and manage the operational reporting and BizTech value metrics to maximize returns across enterprise initiatives
- Manage the employee on-boarding experience for BizTech team members
- Responsible to manage and optimize budget for Business Technology Product budgets & forecasts, and metrics
- Leverages relationships and SLA’s with strategic technology partners, and external advisory groups, to define strategic direction and effectively deliver significant outcomes
- Communicate a cohesive portfolio vision & strategy with C-level staff and their direct leadership teams
Experience and Education
- 17+ years of experience performing enterprise-level agile roles in software, IT, and business/industry including seven years of leadership responsibilities
- Visionary and inspirational servant leader who inspires others to achieve greatness with genuine humility
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Certifications – PMP, Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe, or equivalent
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.