Adventure's around the corner...
Technical Consultant - Tokyo
- Department Delivery Services
- Location Japan - Tokyo
- Learn and master Guidewire’s ClaimCenter product in order to perform technical consulting and become certified.
- Use JAVA to integrate and configure our software at insurance carriers throughout Japan.
- Test applications based on project demands.
- Consult with insurance carrier technical resources to qualify technical and business requirements.
- Become well-versed in insurance industry technical solutions as well as Java expertise.
- Customer Focus/Team Work:
- Work with a variety of customers from different departments in large and small groups.
- Dedication to delivering exceptional results.
- Strong personal initiative and ability to personally execute with minimal oversight.
- Cross-functional skills and experience working on small teams.
- If Japanese is a second language, the ability to speak Japanese at JLPT 2 or above level.
- If Japanese is a second language, practical knowledge of the business environment and Japanese market challenges. Demonstrated track record of good relationship building in Japan.
- If English is a second language, demonstrated fluency in English language skills by TOEIC (Test of English for International Communications) – score of 800 – 900 or iBT – 93 or TOEFL scores 600 PBT, 250 CBT, or 100 iBT. in the absence of a testing benchmark, the ability to pass language assessment during the selection process;
- 3 + years of programming experience in web technologies such as PHP, Ruby, or others; and/or experience in legacy application development; JAVA preferred
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: 1. Web application development based on OO technology such as JAVA (and/or web frontend technology such as Node.js, React ) 2. Common integration methods such as WebServices (API) technology (REST, JSON-RPC, SOAP), Message Queue 3.Enterprise integration middleware, Security integrations such as JWT
- Experience in full-lifecycle software implementation projects;
- Experience developing technical specifications and implementing those specifications through a combination of custom programming and product configuration;
- Demonstrated ability to design, program, test, and deploy complicated integration software;
- Professional consulting experience or equivalent insurance business experience (minimum of 3 years for Sr. Technical Consultant); Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn a new product and a new business domain.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.