Adventure's around the corner...
Data Management Application Support Engineer ETL , BI - 5 Days Workweek (Saturday & Sunday must be covered)
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Canada - Remote
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Case Resolution
- Collaborate with development, operations, customer success and sales teams to ensure success with Guidewire products
- Report and track software defects with the development team, following up with customers to resolve usage or functional issues
- Responsible for specific customer on-boarding tasks; Establishing account and application access
- Coordinate network setup for regular transfer of customer data for use in the products
- Knowledge Management
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross-training and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer
- Create knowledgebase articles and other informational documents to be shared with customers and teammates
Required Skill and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, technical, engineering, or data analytics related field
- 2-3 years’ experience supporting end users of SaaS products
- Strong knowledge of relational database theory, data mapping, data modeling
- Knowledge of data-warehousing, Data Marts (including star and snowflake schemas) and BI
- 3+ years of experience in database administration (Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server)
- Fluency in SQL scripting (TSQL and/or PL/SQL), including query optimization
- Experience working with Cognos for report design and maintenance
- Experience with ETL tools such as SAP Business Objects, Informatica, SSIS
- Experience with case management/ticketing systems such as Salesforce.com or Service Now
- Familiarity with Java and XML
- Experience working with customer relationship management systems (e.g., Salesforce) and/or software defect tracking systems (e.g., Jira)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)(Bonus)
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem solving
- Employ sound business judgment when making business decisions
- Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Display an understanding of the customer’s needs and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ensure that each and every customer is handled with a consummately professional attitude and the highest possible level of service
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others in a technical project environment
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior experience on an insurance related project is a bonus
- Experience with Kibana; Elastic Stack
- Experience with Python
- Experience with JSON
- Experience with streaming data processing technologies such as Kafka and Spark
- You will be part of a team based at our company office in Toronto
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so we expect you to take turns with your teammates being on-call for after-hours production emergencies
- Weekend support coverage is mandatory
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and meetings
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.