Adventure's around the corner...
Database Developer Pod Lead, CTP
- Department Delivery Services
- Location Ireland - Dublin
- Lead a pod of developers on performing the database upgrade process and conversion for multiple Guidewire customers
- Organize the work for the POD and helps remove blockers with the database transition
- Co-ordinate with Guidewire Transition Project Managers and Partners on the status of Database Transition and scheduling
- Co-ordinates data model source production changes and Guidewire ski-release data model changes for each Customer
- Work with Guidewire's Customer and Cloud Operations dept (CCO) to help manage the environment for Database Pod for various customers
- Report status of all active and pending Database transitions to the CTP Lead group
- Have a passion for understanding how the tools (Adminer/pgadmin/IDataModelUpgradePlugin/Gosu Trigger API) are used for database transition and working on more efficient tooling to automate the process as much as possible.
- Analyze database reports from Assessment Pipeline ahead of time and help predict improvements to the data
- Implement system for capturing and analyzing metrics around database transition across customers, timings, tuning, db upgrade info reports
- Help document the deployment plan for each transition customer to prepare them and CCO for go live weekend
Background and Skills
- Past experience managing multiple tracks or teams in projects with many moving parts
- Past experience performing database upgrades for customers during a major version upgrade
- Highly motivated individual with a willingness to question the status quo
- Experience in |Guidewire upgrades using upgrade tooling and has worked on, but preferably lead, a track on at least one major version Upgrade
- Have attended Inception for a Major Version Upgrade a big plus
- Good knowledge of Guidewire InsuranceSuite products and their data model and how it is configured and upgraded
- Loves investigating and solving data problems
- Strong database and SQL acumen and experience with migration of large volumes of data
- Keen interest in new development technologies to solve technical problems
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.