Adventure's around the corner...
Principal Data Scientist/ Modeler, Cyber Risk Analytics CAN Remote Option
- Department Analytics and Data Services
- Location Canada - Remote
Who You Are: Your responsibilities as a Principal Modeler will include:
- Developing and implementing methodologies to quantify the impact of cyber security risk, as well as other emerging risks affecting the P&C industry
- Exploring different data sources to come up with features and assumptions to enhance our set of risk models
- Calibrating, testing and validating different types of models in the insurance space
- Integrating modeling processes in our production pipeline to feed our platform
- Communicating technical details related to the models and their outputs to individuals from various backgrounds
- Working together with cyber analysts, data engineers, modelers, and product managers
What we are looking for:
- Master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative field (e.g. CS, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering, Economics)
- 5+ years of solid statistics and predictive modeling foundations
- Experience in data analysis, feature engineering, data visualization and hypotheses testing
- Experience working different types of datasets (e.g. unstructured, semi-structured, with missing information)
- Experience in implementing parametric and non-parametric models in a production-level environment
- High level proficiency in Python or R, and SQL
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively in a dynamic environment, while picking up new tools and domain knowledge along the way
- A positive attitude, and a growth mindset
- Insurance, actuarial modeling or financial modeling experience
- General understanding of computer network and cybersecurity
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS), and open source data processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Mongo and Cassandra)
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.