Adventure's around the corner...
Business Technology Events and Coordination - Canada Remote
- Department Business Technology
- Location Canada - Toronto
Roles and Responsibilities
- The primary responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Works with the Business Technology leaders to plan and coordinate employee engagement events and activities remote, onsite and hybrid. This includes being the primary point person to:
- Send meeting invites
- Book venue reservations and/or schedule conference rooms
- Order supplies and lunches
- Participates in and contributes to the employee engagement advocate team programs and events including:
- Schedule and organize monthly office lunches for BizTech (food, logistics)
- Assist with one-off team building and Dept. Fun event scheduling and coordinating (sending goodies, identifying vendors, food, etc.)
- Ordering holiday gifts, event gift cards for winners and celebrations
- Coordinating vendors for activities and celebrations
- Validate BizTech distro lists and slack channels have new hires added upon start dates
- Manages VP calendars and schedules meetings
- Identifies conflicts in advance and works with requestors to find alternatives
- Provides external vendors with availability
- Reminding VPs of international holidays across operating locations
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong planning, organization and tracking skills
- Creative thinker
- Can work in a fast-paced environment with a virtually distributed team
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Asks clarifying questions
- Meets deadlines and commitments
- Contributes to a positive team culture
- MSFT Office Suite (word, ppt, excel basics required; 365 a plus)
- Contributes to a positive and collegial work environment
- Patiently interacts with various stakeholders across levels
- 2-5+ years of experience as an assistant or relevant equivalent
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.