Adventure's around the corner...
Java Application Engineer - Madrid (Hybrid Remote)
- Department Product Development and Operations
- Location Spain - Madrid
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Case Resolution
- Research, respond to and accurately resolve cases of moderate to high complexity, in a timely manner and in accordance with CASE team standards
- Function as primary customer contact for all assigned support cases, meeting Guidewire’s contractual and internal goals for initial response and subsequent customer communication
- Provide expert solutions to customer problems to ensure customer satisfaction
- Write thorough and detailed case documentation to meet objectives for Case Quality and Customer Satisfaction scores
- Proactively take ownership and responsibility for support cases where and when required
- Escalate customer issues to the CASE Manager as appropriate
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support
- Participate in after-hours weekend deployments and on-call support as needed
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Guidewire’s products, achieving Professional-level certification in at least one product area
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer
- Create knowledgebase articles and other informational documents to be shared with customers and teammates
- Contribute to a team environment that will have both local and remote leadership
- Partner with Guidewire delivery teams to understand each customer’s business objectives and integration requirements, and rationalize those against established best practices you learn through your experience and that of your peers to ensure successful Guidewire Cloud-hosted customer solutions
- Contribute to technical assessments of incoming Guidewire Cloud-hosted solutions, ensuring that pre-production customer solutions meet our security and performance criteria and adhere to our coding standards
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with the Agile software development lifecycle
- 3+ years of work experience providing technical software support for a B2B software company
- Experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Java development, web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Ability to read and interpret application server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, and other log files
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem solving
- Employ sound business judgment when making business decisions
- Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Display an understanding of the customer’s needs and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ensure that each and every customer is handled with a consummately professional attitude and the highest possible level of service
- Strong mentoring skills and ability to motivate others
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- You will score bonus points if you can also read, write, and speak French
- You will be part of a team that works together at one of our company offices listed above (working remotely is not an option)
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and team meetings
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.