Adventure's around the corner...
Associate BI Business Analyst, Business Technology- Canada, Remote
- Department Business Technology
- Location Canada - Mississauga, ON
- Develops, writes, and reviews functional requirements with business partners, product owner and product manager
- Gains strong expertise in one product, function or process (e.g. Coupa, Concur, Oracle Procurement, Revenue, ServiceNow, Contract management, Lead, Opportunity)
- Utilizes functional expertise to identify areas of Opportunity such as processes to optimize and automate
- Leads feature assessment, requirements gathering, user story creation and acceptance criteria definition
- May develop business dashboards, processes use cases
- Supports system changes with configuration design and updates in dev, UAT and production environments
- Collaboratively plans feature/function/E2E testing across modules for a business process
- Coordinates, Contributes, and Leads UAT planning, test execution & defect/change tracking
- Performs manual testing supporting quality assurance and testing automation efforts
- Develops facilitation skills for meeting management, and requirements workshop planning and management
- Able to perform tasks and activities with limited oversight
- Utilizes research first approach to understand and develop a PoV on new concepts
- Takes an active interest in the jobs of the business users to better understand, interpret and document process changes
- On track to become a functional specialist in specified business area or on a specified application or tool
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Well versed with BizTech playbooks and follows outlined processes
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Management, or related fields
- 3+ years of hands-on development experience implementing BI/Analytics and data solutions
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in Tableau/ThoughtSpot, creating data model and visualization
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on data modeling experience using any relational database (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions and communicate fluently with business users, technical staff and management
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing in an agile software development environment (Scrum)
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Willingness to learn and master unfamiliar technologies and/or concepts
- Excellent verbal and written technical documentation skills
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.