Adventure's around the corner...
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Canada - Remote
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Case Resolution
- Research, thoroughly document, respond to and accurately resolve cases of moderate complexity, in a timely manner and in accordance with the Customer Support Team standards
- Function as primary customer contact for all assigned support cases, meeting Guidewire’s contractual and internal goals for initial response and subsequent customer communication
- Provide expert solutions to customer problems to ensure customer satisfaction
- Escalate customer issues to Lead and/or Management as appropriate
- Collaborate with development, operations, customer success and sales teams to ensure success with Guidewire products
- Report and track software defects with the development team, following up with customers to resolve usage or functional issues
- Responsible for specific customer on-boarding tasks; Establishing account and application access
- Participate in after-hours and on-call support as needed
- Coordinate network setup for regular transfer of customer data for use in the products
- Knowledge Management
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of Guidewire’s Data products
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross-training, and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer
- Create knowledgebase articles and other informational documents for customers and colleague consumption
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, technical, engineering, or data analytics related field
- 2 to3 years’ experience supporting end users of cloud SaaS products
- Strong knowledge of relational database theory, data mapping, data modeling
- Knowledge of data-warehousing, Data Pipelines, Data Marts, Cloud Platforms, Data Lakes and BI
- 3+ years of experience in database administration (Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server)
- Fluency in SQL scripting (TSQL and/or PL/SQL), including query optimization
- ETL, CDC, Airflow, Hadoop
- Kibana; Elastic Stack
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with Java and XML
- CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce)
- Software defect tracking systems (e.g., Jira)
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills: ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent soft skills
- Eager to learn and self-motivated Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Display an understanding of the customer’s needs and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ensure that every customer is handled with a consummately professional attitude and the highest possible level of service
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others in a technical project environment
Other desirable skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior experience on an insurance related project
- Experience with Python
- Experience with JSON
- Experience with Bitbucket
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with streaming data processing technologies such as Kafka and Spark
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers – On-Call / After-hours production emergency rotation is expected
- Willing to work weekends on a rotational basis
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and meetings
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.