Adventure's around the corner...
- Department Product Development and Operations
- Location Canada - Toronto
- Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of the Guidewire Cloud Platform and the applications running on it (InsuranceSuite and InsuranceNow)
- Attend internal conference bridges during Severity-1 and Severity-2 Incidents to capture events as they occur
- Attend post-incident review (PIR) meetings to document learnings and key takeaways from each Incident
- Interview Global Support Engineers, Cloud Operations Engineers, and Product Development Engineers to gather technical information about each Incident
- Prepare Service Incident Reports (SIR) for each Severity-1 and Severity-2 Incident for delivery to the impacted customers
- Develop templates for SIRs and enforce a consistent style with a high level of professionalism
- Review customer support cases and provide writing guidance to the case owners where appropriate
- Write or edit status messages for publication on the Guidewire Status Page
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by Global Support leadership
Required skills and experience
- At least 5 years of experience writing technical documentation for enterprise software applications
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and frequent interruptions
- Ability to create high-quality written content with urgency, under tight timelines
- Outstanding writing skills, with native fluency in English (Score bonus points if you are also fluent in another language such as French, German, or Japanese)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of management
- Experience with a commercial CRM system such as Salesforce.com and experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and colleagues
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 10%) to other Guidewire offices for training and meetings
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.