Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Cloud Application Engineer- San Jose, CA
- Department Product Development
- Location San Jose, CA
What you would do
- Collaborate with key individuals that includes product managers, architects and senior engineering management, across Product Development and Cloud Operations organizations for development of product features.
- Play a significant role in coming up architecture and development of integrations between InsuranceNow product and various 3rd party software systems used in insurance industry.
- The architecture will leverage Open Source projects as well as integration platform features developed by other Guidewire teams.
- Own Continuous Integration (CI) and Automated Testing pipelines for your work.
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve code defects
- Follow Secure SDLC process defined for development at Guidewire.
What skills you need
- 6-8 years of all overall software or infrastructure developer experience, with 2 years of it on building software applications leveraging cloud architectures.
- AWS experience is highly preferred, but experience with Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud is also okay.
- Experience in building applications with distributed architecture, distributed databases is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of SaaS concepts: zero down-time upgrades, promotion of code from QA to Staging to Production, etc.
- Knowledge of relational and/or non-relational databases is required.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented programming concepts, and solid knowledge of Java is a must.
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with developing enterprise application integrations.
- Experience with development/using APIs and Business/Application Events.
- Understanding of authentication, role-based access control (authorization) concepts.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code software tools is: such as Terraform, Cloud Formation.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.