Adventure's around the corner...
Cloud Operating Partner - CCO - Tokyo
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Tokyo
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
- This is a customer facing role and a priority is placed on exceptional customer service skills including but not limited to professional communication capability, timely response procedures, and understanding the sense of urgency that is characteristic of any production system setting.
- Understand all aspects of the Guidewire Cloud operating model and work directly with our customers to ensure they understand and are prepared to successfully operate in this service-based subscription model.
- Help coordinate real-world “table top” exercises where you will partner with your customer and with internal Guidewire teams to identify key operational scenarios and walk through how all related parties will operate in a Production business setting.
- Ability to complete Guidewire product certification on one or more Guidewire products at the “Business Analyst” level.
- Work closely with all parties involved in implementation or cloud migration programs (including Guidewire Professional Services, System Integration Partners, and customer resources) to effectively identify, coordinate, and manage tasks pertaining to the preparation and launch into Guidewire Cloud.
- Advocate for the importance of our Cloud Assurance program and ensure customers understand our recommendations and are executing on those recommendations to optimize their Guidewire solutions.
- Work with our Cloud Program Management function to ensure our Guidewire Cloud programs are adhering to our defined methodologies and best practices.
- Once live in Production, take a leadership role alongside the customer and any implementation parties in stabilizing the Guidewire ecosystem and ensuring the customer is prepared to operate within the Guidewire Cloud model
- Challenge and identify ways to continuously improve our internal service management capabilities by understanding our customer’s unique needs.
- Ability to clearly communicate functional and technical requirements to a remote team.
- Contribute to a team environment that will have both local and remote leadership.
- This role will be primarily “work at home” to start, and as world event situations clarify, may require 50% on-site work with customers in the Tokyo region. Occasional travel outside the region may be necessary for corporate or organizational events (1-2 times per year maximum).
- Guidewire Cloud is a service offering with defined contractual SLA’s. While the Cloud Customer Partner will work during normal business hours of the customer, occasional high priority work outside of established business hours may be necessary (i.e., to help with urgent customer issues).
Desired Skills and Experience
- Preference will be given to candidates that have 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following settings:
- Working in a Program Management type role within a corporate IT or consulting environment (Guidewire projects preferred)
- Working as a Customer Success Manager across various business settings
- Working in a managerial position with a Customer Support organization focused on production operations
- Preference will be given to candidates that have 2+ years of defined work with Guidewire core applications (PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, BillingCenter, or Data Management)
- Comfort being in a dynamic role that is not always fully defined and that will mature with our solution offerings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Applied Project Management experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills performed in a time-sensitive environment
- Experience using an Agile based methodology
- Proven ability to influence customers and build relationships, both with “on the ground” resources and those in Management/Executive roles
- Ability to quickly triage customer issues and prioritize tasks (i.e., differentiate between production issues and future enhancement work)
- Experience working in an environment where cloud or off-premise enterprise applications have been utilized
- Experience working with a “software as a service” offering and understanding the differences versus on-premise software
- Experience with commercial software such as customer incident tracking systems, work effort management, etc.
- Fundamental Amazon Web Services (AWS) knowledge is nice to have
- “Devops” experience is nice to have
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science (B.S., B.A.) or equivalent from higher education institution
- Authorized to work in Japan
- Fluent in both the Japanese language and English language
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.