Adventure's around the corner...
Staff/Lead Software Engineer - Cloud, Mississauga, ON
- Department Product Development
- Location Canada - Mississauga, ON
What you get to do
- Craft microservices, components, & tools to automate the life cycle of highly available (HA), distributed services and applications on multiple platforms!
- Engineer quality, scalability, availability, and security into your code
- Protect your products with the assurances of automated testing
- Deploy containerized applications to AWS through your Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment
- Work with highly skilled team members, operations team, product managers, and architects as we collaborate to write code / algorithms, mentor one another and build infrastructure and software that matters
What you would bring to the company
- You bring strong interpersonal skills, a demeanor emphasizing team wins over individual success and comfort working in an agile, social and fast-paced environment
Your skills include:
- A discerning comprehension of standard REST API / gRPC for data interchange
- Practical experience with microservices architecture concepts like Service Discovery / API Gateway etc.
- Linux debugging skills
- Boundary-pushing software development skills in one or more of the following frameworks & languages: Java / Golang / NodeJS / Python / equivalent
- Advocate for IaaS abstractions, containers technologies & cloud platforms (like Kubernetes / Mesos / Cloud Foundry / OpenShift, Docker, AWS / GCP / Azure, Serverless)
- Promote proven architectures ("SOLID"/Hexagonal) and other design principles
- Methodically approach distributed tracing and monitoring of apps
- Reinforce sound repeatable automated services
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
Nice to Have
- Have developed in more than one language and ready to pivot to any language/framework
- Prior experience with Infrastructure as Code and configuration management, using tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with Spring Boot / Bash programming skills
- Startup mentality
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or Math) or equivalent level of proven professional proficiency
Our employee culture
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.