Adventure's around the corner...
Cloud Infrastructure Intern - Summer 2021
- Department Students & Graduates
- Location Dublin
What will I be doing as an intern?
- Interns will work on active DevSecOps/Infra projects and not made up intern projects.
- Interns will work as part of scrum team in a 2 week sprint model
- Interns will have the chance to collaborate and work with DevSecOps/Infra engineers as part of their team, so this will be like a real-time work opportunity for them.
- Slack integration, slack Apps and slack streamlining
- Tools provisioning and automation using AWS framework
- Other ad-hoc tasks related to our DevSecOps/Infra team’s needs
- Pursuing 3rd year/final year or completed BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or Software Engineering
- Basic AWS/ Infra knowledge
- Scripting language experience like Python/Go. Or React JS framework
- Zest to learn and ramp up on new technologies
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
- Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
- Integrity - We insist on honest relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
- Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and continuously seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.