Adventure's around the corner...
VP/Vice President of Sales ( US Remote Option)
- Department Go To Market
- Location New York, NY
Key activities for this role include:
- Proactive development of existing and new business customers in assigned territory.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers both technical and business focused within prospects and existing clients.
- Develop territory planning, pipeline management, and account development.
- Run post-sale client relationships to maximize product extension sales to existing customers
- Lead and undertake Sales activities from initial contact until sale closure.
- Arrange and lead technical and functional presentations to clients, in conjunction with product specialists and professional services.
- Maintain a proven knowledge of the Company’s underlying technology, the range of existing products and consulting services.
- Prepare detailed quotations and proposals that fully meet client expectations, as well as minimizing risk to the company. Follow Company procedures for quotation review.
- Present regular detailed reports to Management regarding Sales and Marketing activities and success rates.
- Represent the Company at trade shows, conferences, industry meetings and other avenues to initiate sales of the Company’s products
- Analyze competitor activities and provide feedback into marketing strategies and product development.
- Ability to hire and lead a Sales Team and empower them.
Required skills/experience include:
- Consistent track record (12-15+ years) of selling complex core enterprise applications into an industry vertical (ideally General Insurance). Industry Verticals include Insurance, Banking, Telecom, Industrial, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, Finance/Accounting.
- A high level of energy and dedication, proven ability to build and close opportunities within a defined territory.
- Interest and desire to learn about new business areas – the business of general insurers, such that they can engage in cogent face to face discussions with business leaders.
- Track record biased towards winning new name business, the role is 70% new business, 30% add-on sales
- Comfortable with complex sales with multiple decision makers / influencers.
- Validated ability to tie client business needs / plans to the solution proposed in a compelling manner.
- Be able to demonstrate a proactive nature, somebody who makes things happen – reluctant to take no for an answer.
- Somebody who thinks through the situation draws up a series of potential actions and then executes the best option.
- Understands the impact, benefit, and cost structure to the customer of large core solution projects.
- Understanding of enterprise technology and the key challenges facing CIOs / CTOs at client firms.
- Be able to strike the right level of persistence at differing levels throughout a prospective client organization.
- Fit in comfortably into a team environment, the multi-faceted nature of the opportunities requires strong collaboration.
- Experience of working with strategic partners and system integrator
- Experience in Sales Team management
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.