At Guidewire, our People Team is transforming the way HR works. We are all about being true partners to the business and to creating an incredible experience for employees that leaves them feeling cared for and ready to do the best work of their life. Seamlessly-run People systems are the foundation upon which incredible experiences are created and our HRIS team is key in driving the strategy and systems that continue to make Guidewire an incredible place to work.
What you will be doing:
· Collaborate with Global People Operations and other key stakeholders in the continuous evaluation and evolution of Workday, and other People technologies.
· Serve as first point of contact for Workday related matters. Resolve customer tickets and recommend solutions for improvements.
· Support end users and continue to educate/train them on the use of the various global systems
· Work with Centers of Excellence (COEs) to translate business needs into projects and further into configuration requirements
· Effectively work with the team to prioritize work and establish a strong partnership with People Operations, Business and IT to ensure clear governance in how value is delivered to the end users with the goal of providing an amazing employee experience.
· Provide on-going feedback to teams and peers across organizations to help drive systems adoption
· Prioritize technology solution requirements agreed with key stakeholders, including identification of associated trade-offs
· Work effectively, providing advanced support, beyond area of ownership of tasks assigned
· Lead and assist team members with end-to-end architecture, integration and data strategy
· Collaborate with the leadership to ensure a clear 3+ year roadmap is outlined, prioritized and executed across the program.
We'd love it if you have....
· 3-5 years in People Systems including implementations
· Experience with Workday HCM with strong focus in WD security and Compensation
Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
Demonstrate design options through the use of prototyping.
Strong problem solving/analytical skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, or relevant area of study
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com
. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com
to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.