Adventure's around the corner...
Resource Staffing Manager (AMER)
- Department Delivery Services
- Location United States - Remote
- Effective resource management relies on the efficient allocation and redeployment of our organization`s greatest asset, our people.
- As a Resource Staffing Manager (RSM) within the Delivery Services group, you would be responsible for working with project delivery teams to staff consultants on projects as well as analyze data for use in forecasting future project resource needs in our AMER region. The RSM will manage and ensure accuracy of staffing data and facilitate communication across stakeholder groups (i.e. Leadership, Delivery Management, Consulting Management).
- He/She does not directly manage consultants, but is responsible for tracking all the pertinent information (e.g., assignment/availability, skills, future resource needs) necessary to staff consultants onto projects.
- The RSM will use in-depth experience and expertise of personnel and project management to support and continuously improve resource management processes and functions.
- As relationship building is a critical part of this role the candidate should have proven negotiation skills, strong diplomatic skills and a historical demonstration of influence as an agent of change in an organization. The candidate must be comfortable working with staffing ambiguity or uncertainty while leveraging information which can be viewed through multiple lenses and extracted from multiple sources to manage resources availability efficiently amidst the changes at Guidewire. Resource Management has become very complex and is no longer restricted to basic scheduling activities, as such this role will ultimately support minimizing inefficiency, reducing waste, increasing utilization, and driving change around the optimal management of Delivery Services resources.
- Run weekly/biweekly/monthly calls with Practice Leadership, Delivery Management, & Consulting Management regarding the status of “in-flight” projects, demand pipeline, capacity outlook, course corrective measures, risks & trends
- Ensure all data entered in FinancialForce is correct and maintained in a timely manner, with process control and data integrity at the forefront of one`s actions for new demand, extensions, soft-booking, assignments, & scheduling
- Proactively and efficiently manage resource scheduling to reduce time-to-staff, limit bench and maximize utilization
- Manage and monitor the skills inventory database, the skills assessment process, and the delivery services resume process to ensure the consultants information is kept up to date, ensuring adoption and compliance
- Analyze and identify key skills, capabilities and availability gaps across the organization and make recommendations for how to address
- Staff Consultants to Projects in a timely manner which focuses on customer success, skills fit, career-aspirations and time-to-value
- Assist with documentation of RM processes and communications
- Provide coverage during team members scheduled PTO
- Govern the Resource Management Business Processes through adoption, compliance monitoring & change management
- Gather and analyze metrics used to monitor how well the overall resource management function is performing within the region
Qualifications and Criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5+ years of related experience in a professional services environment with a focus on Resource Management and/or project management (Operational Change Management or Business Analysis experience a plus)
- A true team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with executives and junior colleagues
- A sense of urgency and impatience with the status quo
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and ambiguity
- Strong analytic/reporting skills, including advanced Excel use.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization with strong skills in presenting, writing, and articulating the value proposition of RM
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint & Visio) Strong Proficiency.
- Knowledge of the Salesforce platform, including FinancialForce preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to follow established processes.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Flexibility around working hours (Guidewire is a global virtually connected company).
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.