Adventure's around the corner...
Staff/Senior Front End Engineer - Remote, USA
- Department Product Development
- Location United States - Remote
What you would do
- Development Unit and functional test automation for the UI applications.
- Develop APIs to be used by UI applications, using Node.js or any Java based application servers.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers and Architects to define product features, functions, and design.
- Participate in sprint planning and other agile ceremonies.
- Create prototypes to analyze engineering feasibility and evaluate user interface designs.
- Define and maintain Continuous Integration (CI) and Automated Testing pipelines.
- Own, diagnose & resolve code defects.
What you would need to succeed
- If no prior React experience, strong knowledge of an equivalent framework such as Angular JS is accepted, with willingness to learn React.
- Comfortable with server-side Java development. Willingness to learn, if no prior experience with Java.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the above areas.
- Experience writing unit tests and testable components.
- Experience building automation scripts and tools to support the CI &CD pipeline.
- Experienced in design patterns and best coding practices.
- Experience working in an Agile work environment and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Prior experience on leading a development team.
- Strong technical communication skills
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science) or equivalent
- Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning of new technologies that can be applied to improving the product.
Nice to have
- Experience developing applications deployed using public cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with TypeScript or Flow.
Our employee culture
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.