Adventure's around the corner...
Senior/Mid Cloud Ops Engineer (AWS) - Remote (Poland)
- Department Product Development and Operations
- Location Poland - Krakow
What will you do:
- Monitor and Support components of Guidewire Cloud Platform, ensuring that the product is available and running
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve issues that impact the customer's ability to work with Guidewire Platform
- Work closely with engineers, test engineers, product owners, and managers to understand requirements and define and implement best practices and standards around DevOps and Service Resilience.
- Work with stakeholders to drive scope definition, specifications, and architecture.
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic reviews for efficiency and improvement
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation monitoring systems for meeting defined SLAs
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, IAM, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience using CI/CD tools (git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, AWS Code Pipeline, Nexus, Artifactory)
- 3+ years of experience with modern automation, DevOps, and Agile development
- Experience with infrastructure as a code (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Networking fundamentals including VPNs, DNS, subnetting, route tables, firewalls, etc
- Strong understanding of AWS security and monitoring and experience implementing best practices
- Strong experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools (e.g., DataDog, CloudWatch, Grafana, Zabbix, PagerDuty, Site24x7, Nagios)
- Experience administering infrastructure for web-based applications
- Highly proficient in Linux administration
- Experience with coding/scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, and analytical skill
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.