Adventure's around the corner...
Vice President, Workplace
- Department Workplace
- Location United States - Remote
- Lead Workplace team, and act as a key member of the company management, in both its strategic and operational endeavors, reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer
- Responsible for the development of the organization’s long-term facility and real estate plans, design, construction management, and operations of all facilities.
- Responsible to continually enhance financial performance and operational effectiveness and efficiency in all Workplace efforts. Guide team in developing documented, standardized policies and procedures, and continually review and update to ensure they align with industry best practices.
- Accountable for the preparation of, and adherence to, the annual Workplace operating and capital budgets, as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual forecast updates.
- Responsible for providing continuing and consistent guidance, leadership, and support of all regions in which the Company has employees and facilities.
- Responsible for the leasing of all real estate and facilities, including negotiating and managing all such transactions. Oversee development of newly leased properties to confirm to company standards and needs.
- Create comprehensive design standards for construction and ongoing preventative maintenance initiatives to provide needed support proactively.
- Ensure policies, practices and objectives established by the company are properly interpreted and uniformly enforced throughout the company, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and safety regulations.
- Foster a healthy food and snack selection through the use of vendors. Establish a feedback program so selections may vary all while staying in budget.
- Provide oversight and approvals for the global security program to ensure a safe and secure work environment.
- Education: [Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, facility management, business, or related field; MBA preferred.]
- Work Experience: Minimum of 15 years related experience, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership role encompassing the major elements of this role.
- Leadership and Development: experience managing dispersed and diverse teams across multiple global sites; demonstrated strength as a supervisor and coach, mentoring team members; ability to calmly and effectively prioritize and manage multiple changing priorities and responsibilities; and skilled at change and crisis management.
- Facilities Project Management: Experience in the negotiation of real estate leases; experience with office build-out and construction projects; skilled in the financial management of capital projects; and experience managing global service providers and vendors.
- Budgeting: experience in preparation and management of capital and operating budgets; and comfort establishing the same in conjunction with C-Level company leadership
- Personal attributes: Demonstrated integrity, responsiveness, and accountability with a service-oriented approach; strong financial, business, and operational acumen; effective collaborator that listens and can build consensus to achieve optimal results and buy-in; and excellent oral and written communication skills, with a continuous improvement mindset.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.