Adventure's around the corner...
Finance Manager- Edina, Minnesota
- LocationUnited States - Edina, MN
- Location TypeHybrid
- Be the go-to finance professional to key business partners
- Develop and manage annual planning process
- Consult with business partners to evaluate the costs and benefits associated with various financial decisions
- Prepare and deliver accurate and timely management reporting including monthly financials and functional expense reporting.
- Conduct comprehensive financial analyses and business modeling. Use results to provide strategic input and meaningful information to management
- Manage monthly and quarterly rolling forecast process
- Own the monthly close process and ensure accuracy of the general ledger through detailed monthly analytical reviews of the expense
- Ad-hoc analysis & projects as needed to support business needs
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field!
- Experience in Software and SaaS companies preferred6-7 plus years of relevant experience with track record of increasing responsibilities
- Deep knowledge of enterprise software with prior experience in supporting various expense departments
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Excellent business partnering skills, with the ability to influence others without direct authority
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Solid critical thinking, including the ability to appropriately push back when required
- Highly organized and motivated with the ability to work on multiple projects and the ability to manage projects to completion
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Proven ability to meet deadline, follow-through on details, provide input and feedback to the team
- Great teammate with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative team work crosses functional areas.
- Advanced skills in Excel or gsheet, PowerPoint or Google slides, and other analysis tools used for modeling, report creation, and trend forecasting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to communicate complex analysis in a simple way
- Prior Adaptive Planning experience preferred, but not required
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.