Adventure's around the corner...
Business Architect (US-Remote)
- Department Delivery Services
- Location United States - Remote
- Learn and master the functionality provided by Guidewire application(s) in order to become a customer facing professional services consultant.
- Apply robust product knowledge to understand what can be configured as well as best practices that should be followed during the implementation life cycle
- Provide guidance to customers on how to best leverage Guidewire applications and technology to meet customer defined business goals and objectives.
- As a subject matter expert in the insurance industry, consult with insurance carrier business and technical resources to produce business requirements and business process documents as a functional resource.
- Support estimating the effort required to configure the software.
- Work with Guidewire product management/development to share configuration concepts and further develop our core product features.
- Support planning of user acceptance testing of customer solutions.
- Advise on key trade-offs between scope, schedule, and objectives.
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure necessary buy-in.
An ideal candidate for a Business Architect is someone with deep knowledge and expertise in the relevant insurance area, as well as experience using technology to meet insurers' need. The recommended skill set for a business architect is listed below:
- Ability to solve complex problems analytically, communicate effectively and research solutions, collaborating with domain specialists where necessary
- Ability to identify when business requirements are not in scope
- Consulting & Leadership Skills along with deep industry knowledge of the P&C insurance industry with a focus on policy and/or underwriting
- Experience with software implementation project(s) in requirements gathering, functional specifications, and user acceptance testing
- Experience in software package implementation through customization or configuration using agile methodologies along with a familiarity with object-oriented design principles and databases.
- Experience in applying change management concepts on a software implementation project
- Outstanding documentation skills, and the ability to facilitate discussions with both technical and business partners
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.