Adventure's around the corner...
Lead UX Researcher, San Mateo, CA / Remote, US
- Department Product Development
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
- Identify where insight is most needed by analyzing customer data, industry trends, project needs and business goals, to plan and scope research activities.
- Synthesize research data into actionable design opportunities and strategic recommendations to support project objectives and business goals, including writing reports and delivering presentations.
- Develop a research strategy and roadmap to support the product development process.
- Plan and conduct practical and impactful research throughout the entire product cycle, including usability sessions, field research, user interviews, and other qualitative methods.
- Assist product managers and UX designers with user research preparation activities.
- Lead and facilitate collaborative stakeholder workshops to identify opportunities based on research insights.
- Organize and maintain an archive of research activities, results and insights that can easily be shared with product stakeholders and the user experience team.
- Cultivate user empathy by translating research into compelling stories of how users of our solutions think, feel and behave.
- Collaborating with UX team to ensure alignment to research strategy and cross-train UX designers on research best practices.
- Be an evangelist for user research.
What you need to be successful:
- 7+ years of experience conducting different types of user research for enterprise applications on a variety of platforms.
- Experience interacting with large project teams and senior-level business stakeholders.
- Ability to use different synthesis frameworks to curate research insights into strategic opportunities.
- Experience mentoring and/or managing a team of researchers and/or user experience designers.
- Excellent research moderation skills.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience facilitating collaboration and engagement among cross-disciplinary teams.
How we work @ Guidewire
- Collaboration: We build on each other’s ideas and draw on interdisciplinary approaches to craft impactful experiences.
- Integrity: We stand behind our words and commitments as part of a global community, respecting and recognizing our interdependence.
- Curiosity: We are lifelong learners, with a growth mindset, who are passionate about advancing our discipline through entertaining new ideas and unique perspectives.
- Humility: We leverage our expertise while respecting other viewpoints and challenging our own assumptions.
We have teams from California to Poland, so we're looking for someone who can work across those time zones. Physical location is not as important as the ability to overlap hours with our different locations.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.