Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Business Architect - Digital
- DepartmentProfessional Services
- LocationUnited States - Remote
- Location TypeRemote
- To be considered you should have a combination of experience in the following:
- As a subject matter expert in the insurance industry, consult with insurance customers to understand their digital business objectives and advise them on how to best implement these solutions and underlying processes using the Guidewire Cloud Platform to fulfill those objectives
- Have a strong understanding of Design Thinking practices to facilitate customer discussions to drive innovative customer centric solutions for our carriers
- Collaborate with with insurance carrier business and SI partner resources across business, technology, and UX to produce business requirements and business process documents
- Learn and master the functionality provided by Guidewire application(s) in order to become a customer facing professional services consultant
- Support estimating the effort required to configure the software
- Work with Guidewire product management/development to share configuration concepts and further develop our core product features.
- Support planning of user acceptance testing of customer solutions
- Advise on key trade-offs between scope, schedule, and objectives
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure necessary buy-in
- Work in an Agile environment
- As a senior member of the business architect team, you will develop capabilities across people, practice, and tools to support the wider team
What you need to be successful:
- An ideal candidate for a business architect is someone with deep knowledge and expertise in front office and mid-office across all of the insurance value chain, as well as experience using technology to meet insurers' needs. The recommended skill set for a business architect is listed below:
- Capability to communicate clearly and efficiently as well as influence outcomes
- Ability to solve complex problems analytically
- Ability to research solutions and work with subject matter experts where necessary
- Experience working in the unknown when creating user stories, and managing a customer's expectations about working in the guardrails of a design system
- Ability to identify when business requirements are not in scope
- Deep industry knowledge of the P&C insurance industry with primary focus on customer facing operations and processes
- Consulting & Leadership Skills - Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role
- Experience with software implementation project(s) in requirements gathering, functional specifications, and user acceptance testing
- Experience in software package implementation through customization or configuration using agile methodologies
- Understanding of a project life cycle methodology.
- Strong experience in applying change management concepts on a software implementation project
- Willingness and ability to travel 50%
- Exceptional documentation skills, and the ability to facilitate discussions with both technical and business stakeholders
- Familiar working with UX, Data, and Digital teams is a plus. Applying principles of a design-led approach is also a plus
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.