Guidewire's Delivery Services is looking for a proactive, passionate, and people-oriented Consulting Manager to join the Guidewire Services Center (GSC) team in in Kuala Lumpur.
What We Do?
GSC was established to help meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire’s products, currently being used by customers who are household names globally in the property and casualty (P&C) insurance industry.
As a Consulting Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of Guidewire consultants who lead and execute the completion of software product implementation projects in the professional services arena, ensuring customer success.
In this critical role, you will be responsible for the onboarding and ongoing performance and development of a staff of consultants to ensure their success and continued development within Guidewire, and supporting resource/capacity planning of projects.
You will also be responsible for leading initiatives within Malaysia such as hiring process, building of documentation relating to best practices, training and technical workshops.
· Responsible for line management of a group of functional and technical consultants based in Malaysia.
· Onboard new consultants, conduct quarterly (performance) check-ins, request/deliver feedback, and create/track individual development plans.
· Provide necessary coaching and ensure staff is receiving project mentoring.
· Engage in capacity/resource planning in coordination with staffing resource manager.
· Lead organizational efforts such as workforce planning, knowledge management, and succession planning.
· Lead organisation wide initiatives such as organizing training programs, technical workshops.
· Lead initiatives to improve current processes such as hiring, on boarding, career development as well as new processes to improve the organisation.
· Participate in candidate interviews and hiring decisions, help train others in the hiring process
· Manage performance issues and any arising internal conflict to resolution and make recommendations for promotions and/or salary actions by gathering necessary feedback for informed decision-making.
· Ensure available training and collateral (e.g. new product roll-out or skills development) is communicated to staff.
· Monitor usage of paid time off and study leave to ensure compliance and ensure work/life balance.
· Coordinate and project manage completion of internal initiatives as assigned.
· Provide necessary mentoring and support to consultant as needed.
· Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing solutions to clients.
· Experience as a people manager in a consulting organization or similar services organization within a software product company. You may have come from a technical background, having moved into a people and project management capacity.
· Previous consulting background and experience in a technology environment a must.
· Demonstrated success with aligning teams to meet company and functional objectives.
· Demonstrated success as a manager with ability to hire, mentor, coach and develop Consulting staff.
· Must be able to work in a fast paced and passionate environment.
· Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
· BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution.
- Eligible to work in Malaysia and able to travel occasionally to US, Europe or within APAC
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.