Adventure's around the corner...
CloudOps Database Administrator – AWS – Dublin, Ireland
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Dublin
- Assist in daily administration activities including setup, configuration and monitoring of databases to ensure backups, availability and performance are all maintained to the highest standards.
- Tuning, troubleshooting and on-call production support for database environments deployed in multi-AZ AWS environments both on the EC2 and RDS/Aurora platforms.
- Monitor and work the JIRA ticket queue for the request to make schema changes, security changes, execute scripts against the databases and refresh non-production databases.
- Advise application development and support teams on process bottlenecks and provide database tuning to ensure efficient performance.
- Assist the support staff to tackle SQL and any other database errors.
- Provide 24*7 on-call support (includes holidays) for the Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Aurora (MySQL/PostgreSQL) production and non-production databases.
- Assist in the migration of customer data from either on-premises to cloud or within AWS, from EC2orRDS to Aurora PostgreSQL
- Report weekly to management about abnormalities and critical issues; provide root cause analysis and recommendations; work with the infrastructure team, application team and/or other teams for problem resolutions, following the critical issue path if needed.
- Previous hands-on real world experience working with AWS is a must
- Deploying or migrating databases into AWS (ec2orRDS) or other public cloud providers a distinct advantage.
- Highly proficient in one or more of these RDBMS technologies: PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, AWS RDS/Aurora (MySQL),Oracle, Redshift
- Demonstrable experience in optimising and performance tuning of DB including drill-down analysis
- Experience administering multi-terabyte databases
- Background in building large database infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a critical environment
- Demonstrable understanding of one or more database high availability scenarios such as: AWS Multi-AZ database deployments, MS SQL Server Always on Availability Groups, Oracle Data Guard
- Knowledge of one or more database data replication tools such as MS SQL Server transactional replication, Oracle Golden Gate, AWS DMS/DMT
- Unix/Linux general administration skills and/or bash/python/PowerShell scripting a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of ANSI SQL Language (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, JOIN, WHERE, etc…)
- Familiarity with containerisation (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins). Experience in Lambda functions would be a plus.
- Embodies a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering culture with continuous delivery, cloud, and fully automated infrastructure
- Ability to handle various tasks with different time frames.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and uses sound judgement.
- A teammate who works well with others.
- Desire to learn and improve your skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- General desktop with Windows and Linux server experience.
- Should be willing to take on-call pager on rotation
- One or more weekend days will be part of your regular work schedule
- Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area preferred
- 7+ years experience in database administration
- 3+ years experience in Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL or other database scripting language
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.