Adventure's around the corner...
Senior SRE Manager
- Department Product Development
- Location Poland - Krakow
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of cloud services including monitoring, deployment and upgrades, system administration, incident resolution, problem management
- Attract, retain, develop, and empower outstanding engineering talent
- Ensure effective teamwork and communication within the team and with peers and stakeholders across the organization
- Engaging with our engineering teams on support issues and improvements to our tooling, processes, and infrastructure
- Driving internal processes for incident management and blameless post-mortem culture adoption, as well as operational maturity
- Be involved in technical discussions and support the team from that point of view
- Trust your team, and be trusted by your manager and colleagues to make good decisions
What skills and experience I should have:
- Experience leading development/operations teams
- The ability to advocate the benefits of SRE culture, such as the three pillars of the observability stack, incident management, SLIs and SLOs, and more
- Experience in operating and leading large scale distributed systems (in cloud environments or on-premises)
- Technical Background related to infrastructure and cloud services (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, serverless, networking, monitoring tools, etc...). You will need hands-on experience to have a conceptual understanding of all the activities and technical challenges in your team
- A ceaseless desire to improve how things get done
- A calm, rational demeanour under pressure. Having a sense of humour helps!
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.