Adventure's around the corner...
Technical Support Engineer- Kuala Lumpur
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Kuala Lumpur
- Function as the main point of contact to research, respond to, and accurately resolve cases in a timely manner and in accordance with team standards to ensure customer happiness!
- Write thorough and detailed case documentation to meet objectives for Case Quality and Customer Satisfaction scores
- Collaborate with additional support teams on more sophisticated issues involving system integration and custom configurations
- Develop and maintain, a deep knowledge of our products through company-sponsored Professional certification training and experience
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross-training, and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle
- 2+ years’ experience working directly with customers or key internal partners; preference for support for a B2B software company
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem-solving
- Experience solving problem software code and reporting progress; preference for experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM like Salesforce.com
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA preferred
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object-Oriented Programming (Java, C#, or similar), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, and application architecture.
- Skills to read and interpret application server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, and other log files
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Read, write, and speak fluent English. Score bonus points if you can also have skills in another language such as French or German
- We provide 24x7 support and while the majority of our shifts are Monday through Friday during daytime hours, we rotate shifts monthly so there will be some evening and weekend shifts included in order to cover after-hours production emergencies
- Competitive market Salary
- LTI (Long term cash Incentive)
- Fully funded medical and dental insurance for you and your family
- Annual Wellness Reimbursement
- 18 annual leave days
- 16 weeks maternity and paternity leave
- 3 paid days volunteering in the community
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.