Adventure's around the corner...
Senior DevOps Engineer Python, AWS - Dublin, Ireland
- Department Business Technology
- Location Ireland - Dublin
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to enforce to these principles in everything that you do.
- An understanding of the sense of urgency involved in a production system setting and the implications of any changes made to such.
- Understand all aspects of the Guidewire Cloud operating model and work directly with our internal operational teams to identify key challenges and opportunities for improvement through tooling and automation.
- Ensure that we meet our milestones and maintain strict client SLAs and their defined KPIs.
- Build, automate and maintain our tooling infrastructure in AWS/On-Perm, focusing on Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD practices
- Ability to architect a reliable high availability cluster solution for development tools implementation
- Exert technical influence to improve the reliability of our products and systems
- Work in an agile team, handle on-call, and support deliverables in production
- Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics and learn requirements to build solutions and tools to constantly improve availability, performance, up-time and response times of the platform
- Operate development and high-available production environments in AWS
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Coach and mentor other engineers technically.
- Ability to lead the team for results.
- Willing to be flexible and be part be part of on-call rotation.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
- 4+ years of work experience in a SaaS production environment for large-scale enterprise
- Experienced in building infrastructure software using Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud native technologies
- Strong Amazon Web Services (AWS) networking knowledge
- Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available
- Comfort with Linux system administration, with the ability to program/script using Go, Python, Java or equivalent
- Experience with AWS services such as ec2, route53, s3, load balancers etc.
- Experience administering applications like Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.
- Experience with open source monitoring tools like Prometheus/Grafana
- Experience with configuration management (preferably Ansible)
- Experience working analyzing logs and debugging.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Passionate about quality, mentoring junior candidates and in general a great team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from higher education institution.
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently while interacting with peers and engineers who often excel at these capabilities as well
- Experience working in an environment where cloud or off-premise enterprise applications have been utilized
- Passion for automation over repetitive manual work
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies...
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.