Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Support Admin- Global Help Desk
- Department Business Technology
- Location United States - San Mateo, CA
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of hardware and software problems for
- end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site
- repair for remote users as needed.
- Prioritize, schedule and update incidents and requests, as well as escalate incidents
- outside the HelpDesk to the appropriate IT teams when required.
- Provide direct support for Windows and Mac OS X endpoints, ensuring endpoints are
- up-to date and follows IT standard configurations and procedures.
- Provide meeting support with Audio Visual, Audio, and Video Conferencing
- equipment and services.
- Initiate improvements to raise the quality and efficiency of service to end users
- expanding knowledge base documentation and self-service opportunities.
- Provide end user training on various services and systems.
- Participate in weekly operational meetings.
- Participate in assigned IT Projects.
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years in Desktop Support with solid hands-on experience with a variety of
- operating systems, primarily Microsoft Windows 10 and Apple OS X
- Hands-On experience on Active Directory, Active Sync, Exchange, Apple support.
- Understanding of network protocols and exposure to VPN and Network Access
- Control troubleshooting
- Experience supporting applications such as:
- MS O365 Suite, Cisco AnyConnect,
- Zoom, Slack, Duo, Okta, ServiceNow
- VIP/Executive Management support experience required!
- Experience in creating easy to use end user and technical support documentation in
- MS Office, Sharepoint, and Confluence
- Knowledge of remote deployment tools such as: SCCM, JAMF and Intune
- A fundamental understanding of virtual environments, utilizing such tools as
- VMWare & AWS Workspace
- Aptitude for understanding and solving hardware and software problems
- and ability to determine user needs.
- Knowledge and experience with remote troubleshooting; able to fix without seeing the system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including customer facing soft
- skills, demonstrating personal and business maturity.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively, must be able to
- perform a variety of tasks and assignments without sacrificing quality of work.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, and on-call rotation is required.
- Be a team player. Ability and desire to share knowledge with members of the team.
- Physical ability to lift and install equipment (computers and peripherals) in and
- around desks and small places.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Business Management preferred.
Competitive Benefits- flexible schedule (work from home 2 times per week)
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.