Adventure's around the corner...
Content Developer (Customer and Cloud Operations)
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Canada - Toronto
- 5+ years’ experience in curriculum development and/or instructional design with a motivation to develop and deliver engaging hands-on training
- Experience with complex enterprise application software
- Relational databases
- Object-oriented programming
- XML-based software configuration
- Modern software IDEs, including basic debugging tools
- Virtualization technologies
- Experience in technical support or cloud operations
- Java and JVM-level resources (threads, memory, garbage collection)
- Enterprise application servers
- Database queries (SQL, indexing, query plans)
- Amazon AWS
- Diagnostic and monitoring tools for application/JVM/OS/database
- Integration technologies such as REST and JSON-RPC
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM product
- Working knowledge of Jira or other ticketing systems
Strong candidates also have the following:
- Experience designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining technical training for enterprise software
- Mastery of tools, principles, and best practices for developing technical training course materials
- Ability to develop engaging, graphic-based content that goes beyond simple bullet-point lists
- Experience with Articulate 360, Camtasia, Ancile uPerform or similar e-learning development tools
- Experience developing for a blend of modalities, including instructor-led, self-paced e-learning, and/or distance learning
- Experience building effective exam questions using certification best practices
- High technical aptitude and ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and distill technical information quickly and effectively
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience owning course development project activities from beginning to end
- Willingness to give and get constructive feedback
- A flexible, enthusiastic, collaborative work style
- A high level of curiosity and interest in technical learning
In this role, you perform the following tasks:
- Gather and analyze learning requirements
- Design, develop, evaluate, and maintain courseware and class exercise environments
- Contribute to improve team processes and standards
- Learn the function, tasks, and tools of multiple teams and roles within CCO
- Build modular materials that can be combined into courses targeting different learning audiences
- Prepare tools, presentations, examples, evaluations, exams, labs, and simulations to teach product functionality and troubleshooting techniques that enable technical competency
- Build and maintain good working relationships with various teams
- Test-run your materials by presenting to up to 20 learners, particularly early versions of the course that may not be fully complete
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.