Adventure's around the corner...
Product Manager - Data Platform
- Department Product Development and Operations
- Location India - Bangalore
- Location Type Hybrid
What You Will Do
- Lead one or more engineering teams through the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative product capabilities, geared towards ingestion of data into the platform.
- Drive feature level design sessions and product development with engineers, architects & UX
- Establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Work through ambiguity and bring clarity to the problem so the team can ideate on creative solutions.
- You will work with your manager and peers to ensure alignment of your team's work with the larger Data Platform and Analytics organization's roadmap.
- Gather and define the requirements that will be used to research and innovate new methods of data acquisition in the cloud.
- Be the expert who can help customers, QA, support, sales, and other groups with questions about our cloud native data infrastructure and products.
- Manage dependencies across different teams and ensure features are delivered on time.
- Triage, prioritize and respond to customer issues and escalations.
- Develop a deep understanding of customers’ needs, goals and challenges in order to ensure successful adoption of Data Platform Products.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
- We need overall 4+ years of experience.
- 2+ years product management experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with technical architecture of cloud solutions & security.
- This role requires conceptual understanding & knowledge of the Big Data ecosystem and AWS (Amazon Web Services) landscape. Good have a high level understanding of micro services and distributed systems.
- Cloud native software delivery experience.
- Ability to manage complex initiatives with limited supervision.
- You are driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work.
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity.
- You should feel comfortable with data ingestion, cataloging, integration, and enrichment concepts and techniques and be able to understand how data relates to end user analytics requirements and applications.
- Technical knowledge of big data & cloud technologies, services, tooling & infrastructure preferred.
- Experience working with different technologies used for data acquisition and data replication, like change data capture is preferred.
- Experience working with B2B SaaS (software as a service) companies is a plus.
- Software engineering experience is a plus.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 500 insurers in 38 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.