Adventure's around the corner...
Data Security Architect - Cloud Data Platform
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location United States - Remote
- 10+ years of hands on experience and in-depth knowledge of data governance, data security and data compliance.
- Deep experience with security in cloud environments around GDPR, CCPA, PHI/PII data, data encryption at rest and in transit as well security concepts like tokenization, federated security models and secrets management
- Expertise in crypto primitives, authentication protocols and authorization standards (e.g SSL/TLS, SAML, OAuth, JWT, OPA)
- Experience working with data security systems (e.g. Kerberos, Knox, Sentry) and SIEM
- Expertise in Microservice security architecture (AuthN, AuthZ architecture and user/service interaction model)
- Prior experience of building and securing large scale distributed systems and data platforms using Big Data stack (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Hive ..) on AWS
- Excellent programming skills in Java and/or Scala
- Expertise in AWS infrastructure and concepts such as VPC, subnets, security groups, S3, RDS, EC2, Glacier, Lambda, IAM, security, encryption, DevOps, replication and disaster recovery
- Deep understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures, and Performance Optimization Techniques
- Eager to learn new things and passionate about technology
- Expertise working with Kubernetes, AWS, Docker, and Terraform
- Deep technical experience and knowledge in the design and implementation of analytical data platforms and accepted best practices around data movement, meta-data catalogs, data governance, data transformation, data ingestion, data security, data science and data mining in both Cloud, hybrid and on-premise environments
- You deeply understand Realtime detection engineering lifecycle from ingestion to access
What you would do
- Develop technology roadmap, architecture and implement data security and compliance for Guidewire Cloud Data Platform.
- Architect various security engineering aspects such as PII, GDPR, CCPA Right to be forgotten etc . Translate them to data engineering implementation.
- Collaborate with Open Source communities(Knox, Sentry, etc), Engineering and Infosec and provide technical leadership to develop and maintain compliance with compliances across the world (GDPR).
- Evangelize security best practices across the whole data org and Guidewire
- Create Data Quality Metrics and drive ongoing Governance of Data
- Work with the Data Engineers on remediation strategies for data security issues
- Hands-on coding
- Design, develop and run cloud native data platform and analytics SaaS services
- Own security architecture and provide technical leadership to multiple teams
- Do test driven unit and end to end testing of any code you develop.
- Own Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) for your services
- Own scalability, availability and data security for your services
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve code defects
- Mentor other developers in best practices
What you would need to succeed
- Prior deep security experience and passion for building large scale multi-tenant cloud native data platforms
- Hands on experience in managing data access/security related to applications, databases, data warehouses, and big data environments
- In-depth knowledge and experience in privacy engineering or security engineering
- Emphasize team wins over individual success
- Strong technical communication skills
- Excellent software development skills in one or more of the following languages: Java/Scala
- Extensive experience with Big Data and distributed systems. Expertise in Spark or Flink, Kafka and Hadoop ecosystem
- System design skills. Ability to design large scale distributed systems
- Have developed in more than one language and ready to pivot to any language/framework
- Understand REST API for data interchange. Understand API-driven system designing
- Understand micro services architecture patterns pattern like Service Discovery/API Gateway/Domain Driven Design etc
- Understand Serverless function and their relevant use
- Ability to work in an agile fast paced environment
- BS or MS degree (Computer Science or Math)
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- Refer to ‘Required Skills’ section more details
- Experience of building SaaS/PaaS on AWS/GCP/Azure..
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.