Adventure's around the corner...
- Department Product Development and Operations
- Location United States - Remote
- Manage DBAs supporting Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL and MySQL Server Databases running in AWS.
- To be responsible for the setup, patching, debugging, upgrading and installation of databases and tool sets. Documents and maintains consistent and current patches across test development and production environments.
- Contribute to data recovery, maintenance, data integrity, and space requirements for physical database being met through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management.
- Audit the current environments, provides capacity planning and best practices for the future production/development/test environments, which may include establishing new standards and procedures.
- Manage the Jira ticket queue and measure and promote efficiency in the processing and completion of tickets.
- Develop strategies to maintain and support all databases with a goal to maximize availability and uptime.
- Maintain and improve best practices and standardize processes across the database team.
- Identify opportunities for operational efficiency through innovation and integration.
- Manage and contribute to data migration projects
- Analyze and evaluate systems for consolidation, optimization, or operational efficiency.
- Co-manage the team and help them to achieve high levels of operational excellence.
- Author SOPs, configuration specifications and related technical documentation.
- 10+ years’ experience in Managing Database Platforms (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL)
- 2+ years in a team leadership role with multiple reports
- Working technical experience with multiple database products
- Knowledge and experience in Shell, Python and/or PL/SQL programming
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems from four-year college or university or significant relevant experience
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.