Adventure's around the corner...
Salesforce Architect/Lead - Lead to Order
- DepartmentBusiness Technology
- LocationIndia - Bangalore
- Location TypeHybrid
- Provide engineering leadership in the L2O space ensuring that the engineering team is aligned on goals and technical solutions.
- Collaborate with other engineers, business users and product managers to drive solutions that meet requirements and the platform strategy.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce CPQ platform.
- Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality in a business-friendly manner.
- Perform hands-on technical design, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks based on backlog and unit test work to ensure platform standards are met.
- Ensure solutions are scalable and meet business requirements.
- Identify and document technical gaps.
- Work with downstream applications teams e.g., Oracle to ensure changes within the L2O area are planned for.
- Work in a scrum team and provide story point estimates, progress updates, code reviews etc.
- Document and keep up to date technical designs documentation for the L2O area.
- Provide leadership and guidance to other engineers within the L2O product area.
- Coordinate with a global team.
- Handle critical issues requiring advanced engineering skills.
- 8+ years of professional IT/Engineering experience required with demonstrated development and design experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in Force.com, Visualforce and the Apex programming language with emphasis on Salesforce CPQ & Sales Cloud.
- Experience of at least 2-3 End-to-End implementations of Salesforce CPQ.
- Must have Salesforce Platform Developer I certification.
- Preferred certifications include: Salesforce CPQ certification, Salesforce Platform Developer II.
- Knowledgeable in standard functions/ modules of Salesforce.com: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, and AppExchange/App cloud application integration.
- 8+ years’ experience in Salesforce.com configuration and customization including and not limited to workflows, S-controls, data validations and triggers.
- Expert knowledge of relational databases and data modeling including Salesforce.com SOQL, SOSL query language.
- Experience using the Force.com data loader, ETL tools and handling data migration assignments.
- Proficiency in Java, SOAP services.
- Expert knowledge of MVC concepts, object-oriented methodologies and approaches.
- Familiarity with development tools such as VSCode & GIT.
- Experience with salesforce Lightning & Lightning Web Components.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do. Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty (general) industry.
- All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation.
- Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.