Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Cloud Engineer (US-Remote)
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location United States - Remote
- Apply continuous attention to technical excellence and good design principles resulting in a scalable, reliable, performant, and maintainable platform
- Work with stakeholders to drive scope, requirements, and the design of our AWS hosted service
- Work closely with engineers, test engineers, product owners and management to understand requirements, define and implement best practices and standards
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and improvement
- Participate as one of the highest escalations point in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Extensive experience and proficiency with at least one programming language such as Python, Go, Java or similar
- Hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, IAM, EKS, etc.)
- Strong understanding of AWS security and monitoring; experience implementing best practices
- Extensive experience using CI-CD tools(git, Docker, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes and surrounding technologies: Nginx/HaProxy Ingress, Istio, Calico, Helm, Operator Framework
- Experience with micro services or service-oriented architecture
- Experience with stateful applications deployment in a Cloud Environment
- Extensive experience with scripting and debugging on Linux Environments
- Excellent written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 - 7 years of related Industry experience required
- 5 or more years of experience in Git, Jenkins
- 3 or more years of experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- 5 or more years of experience supporting industry standard core CI-CD infrastructure components: Nexus/Artifactory, Code Coverage tools, Security tools
- 5 or more years of experience with logging infrastructure such as ELK/EKC, SumoLogic, Splunk, LogStash.
- 3 or more years of experience with automation frameworks such as: Terraform, Ansible, Chef
- 3-5 years of experience implementing systems within a complex secure network in AWS Cloud and various communication methods
- 5 or more years of experience Automation/DevOps experience
- 3-5 or more years of experience with Python, Perl, Shell, Linux experience
- 3 or more years of experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools: CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.