Adventure's around the corner...
Site reliability Engineer- Cloud Platform
- Department Product Development
- Location India - Bangalore
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Deploy and take an SRE approach to shared multi-tenant infrastructure for resilient SaaS microservice-based containerized systems in addition to customer-centric application environments
- Oversee and automate the team’s growing presence in AWS
- Contribute to core infrastructure systems development with features, bug fixes, reliability improvements, etc
- Oversee at a platform level a complex single sign-on SAML/OAuth-based central authentication platform
- Develop and deploy tooling to aid in driving 24x7x365 service operations of critical worldwide systems
- Automate deployment tasks for core product and infrastructure tools and maintain automation infrastructure
- Create system documentation and training materials to empower and educate our fellow team members
- Build and maintain observability tooling, metrics, and dashboarding for a global core platform infrastructure
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must be able to write code and program – expected of all team members
- Familiarity with the Agile software development lifecycle
- Deep background with Linux system administration and engineering
- Near expert-level understanding of and experience with engineering on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Software engineering and task automation skills with Bash, Python, and/or Go are a must.
- Experience supporting web applications running on Java / Apache / Tomcat in a live production environment
- Demonstrable experience with automating systems and infrastructure with Terraform
- Production-At-Scale support background in a heavily microservice-based world
- Working with and engineering Kubernetes hands-on in a “been there, done that” manner
- Strong understanding of Single-Sign-On, SAML, OAuth (Bonus if the hands-on experience with Okta)
- Familiarity and direct hands-on experience with DevOps tools (SCM (git, Bitbucket) and CI/CD (TeamCity))
- Seasoned expertise around x.509 certificate technology and basic concepts of encryption
- Solid understanding of concepts surrounding containerized networking and all things IP
- Experience working with Relational Databases such as Aurora Postgres and/or Oracle RDS
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as application development, web UI (design and development), JSON, application architecture
- Ability to read and interpret application server thread dumps, Catalina outputs, CloudTrail, and other critical logging outputs.
- Experience strongly utilizing observability tools (logging/APM) like Datadog, CloudWatch, and PagerDuty.
Personal Qualities and Soft Skills
- You greatly prefer CLIops to ClickOps
- You enjoy teaching and being a mentor to others
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem-solving
- Strongly analytical mind with a penchant for process development and enhancement
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- A highly positive can-do attitude with a knack for being a team player
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so we expect you to take turns with your teammates being on-call for weekend production emergencies or to provide rotating weekend operational support
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and team meetings
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.