Adventure's around the corner...
UX Accessibility Specialist - Dublin, Ireland
- Department Product Development
- Location Ireland - Dublin
- Drive the accessibility product standard within the product organization by shaping and driving a strategic approach to accessibility that will cover all aspects of SDLC, especially Design, Development, and QA
- Build a network of accessibility champions that will strengthen our accessibility position and help advocate for accessibility requirements company-wide;
- Equip teams with the appropriate knowledge and tooling so each team can design and deliver accessible products as part of their product design and development process.
- Assess and audit key areas of our product portfolio regularly to produce a backlog of improvements and document our current level of conformance with respect to WCAG success criteria
- Maintain and grow our accessibility knowledge center with the appropriate and most recent guidelines and best practices for designers, developers, and product management;
What you need to be successful:
- A deep understanding of accessible user experience in enterprise software and empathetic appreciation for how users with disabilities access and interact with technology.
- Having the IAAP:CPACC certificate is a must
- Tenacity to inform, educate and promote the accessibility discipline with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience conducting accessibility evaluations and usability testing and formalize the results with appropriate documentation such as VPAT.
- Knowledge of WAI ARIA guidelines and specifications, and WCAG's latest standards.
- Understanding and experience with assistive technologies including JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, ZoomText, Dragon Naturally Speaking, braille displays, and so on.
- Demonstrated experience improving and remediating software applications for accessibility.
- Knowledge (and ideally experience in) at least one framework (React preferably).
- Ability to provide implementation directions and requirements for UX design, front-end development, and engineering teams.
- BA / BSc in information technology, computer science, quality assurance, assistive technology, or equivalent industry training/experience.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.