Adventure's around the corner...
Platform Support Manager
- DepartmentProduct Development and Operations
- LocationIndia - Bangalore
- Location TypeOn-Site
- Take full management responsibility for your team, including motivating them, hiring/mentoring/coaching, writing performance reviews, and preparing overall performance evaluations
- Provide daily coordination and guidance to the team for processing incoming cases to ensure courteous, timely, high quality, and effective responses to customer issues
- Build and manage relationships with other Platform Support Managers to ensure services are consistent across regions, and productivity goals are understood and exceeded
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer
- Develop action plans to address areas of concern identified in customer satisfaction surveys
- Promote self-service tools and the knowledge repository as mechanisms to improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs
- Develop a broad knowledge of Guidewire’s software products
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years supervisory or leadership experience of a customer-facing IT/Technical team
- Team orientation – Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of management
- Experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM system such as Salesforce.com and experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA
- Experience working with outside Service Providers and Partner organizations
- Dedication to customer service in both words and actions Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and capable of handling frequent interruptions positively
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and appreciation for record keeping principles and systems
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Understanding of broad technical skills such as Object-Oriented Programming (Java, C#, or similar), relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS SQL ), XML, and cloud architecture.
- Experience in working with AWS services, such as EC2, S3, RDS, and (Kubernetes) ECS/EKS, to deploy and manage Java applications in a cloud environment is a plus.
- Experience supporting Java web applications running in a live production environment Familiarity with software development lifecycle 2+ years’ experience working directly with customers or key internal partners; preference for support for a B2B software company
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and principles; Jenkins , TeamCity and Bitbucket experience a plus
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English. Score bonus points if you are also fluent in another language such as French or German
- We provide 24x7 support for our customers, so we expect you to be available as needed for after-hours production emergencies
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 10%) to other Guidewire offices for training and meetings
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.