Guidewire's development team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Software Engineer to build sophisticated solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's challenging business domain and make our industry-leading products even better.
You will have the chance to create an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products as we are serving more than 350 companies in 32 countries.
Our software supports significant data volumes and heavy server load. Our platform includes a cluster-safe persistence layer, inter-application messaging architecture, an MVC Web layer, and a lot more.
You will join the Market Integration & Delivery team, working on products and solutions that enable in-market authorities, regulatory bodies, institutions, third parties, partners and insurers to more readily integrate their insurance processes and 3rd party services to the full suite of Guidewire Software Products.
You'll work alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door. Teamwork is very important to us, so we are looking for engineers who are open to share their knowledge, listen to their peers, paying also attention to details and quality and work together to tackle sophisticated problems.
You will attend training from day one, learning about our solutions and the business side, as every day can be different, from development to deployment, quarterly planning, and daily standups.
· Learn about a business or technical problem, carefully identify the right set of requirements, and think creatively about a solution
· Find the right tool for the job, then architect and build reliable and flexible solutions
· Focus on code quality and constantly work to improve our Agile processes
· You will handle a variety of responsibilities and a chance to influence the way the team works
Key qualifications include:
· Proven experience in using core Java and building n-tier web applications using Java-based technologies such as Java EE, Servlets, Spring, Hibernate
· 3+ year experience in the facets of enterprise software systems development, including relational database systems (JDBC, ORM, data modeling and design), software architecture, system integration (messaging, web services, SOA), web UI
· Skilled at writing unit tests and testable components
· Clear written communication and documentation skills
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Strong software product development and delivery experience
· Cloud Services (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure) is nice to have
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.