Adventure's around the corner...
Staff Software Engineer, Lead – Full-Stack
- Department Product Development and Operations
- Location Canada - Mississauga, ON
- Location Type Hybrid
Successful software engineers at Guidewire typically have:
- A desire to work collaboratively in an empowered, small, cross-functional team
- Experience working in an agile and fast-paced development environment (e.g. TDD, BDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
- A passion for code quality demonstrated by thorough testing
- A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
Key qualifications include experience with:
- Experience with a market-leading client-side framework (e.g. React, Angular) is plus.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit/Integration Testing
- Object-Oriented Design using SOLID and Hexagonal design principles
- Experience building secure software and knowledge of web security best-practices
- Significant experience working with Open Source frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate, jBPM, and others)
- Understanding of relational database persistence (e.g. MySQL, Oracle). Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, CouchDB) is a plus
- Excellent understanding of Agile development principles
- Experience designing REST or gRPC based APIs
- Experience building microservices on cloud service platforms (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
- Technical leadership experience in mentoring less experienced engineers
- Maintaining and promoting a healthy codebase and ensuring high-quality products
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or related field)
- 10+ years of Full-Stack Software Development experience
The ideal candidate will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to boast about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.