Adventure's around the corner...
Technology Instructor - Software Programming
- Department Delivery Services
- Location United States - Remote
- Deliver instructor-led sessions in a virtual and onsite setting
- Provide one-on-one learner mentoring during advanced certification exercises
- Identify defects in the learning materials to foster continuous improvement
- Reply to questions posted by self-study learners in online forums
- Support internal initiatives to improve our team and training content between teaching assignments
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of Object oriented programming
- Experience with single-page applications and using libraries such as React
- Prior experience delivering training to software developers
- Some experience teaching adult learners in onsite and virtual settings
- High technical aptitude with a proven ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- Comfortable presenting complex ideas in simple ways to a diverse learner audience
- Ability to troubleshoot issues on the spot to enable students to complete lab exercises
- Experience working with agile/scrum project methodologies
- Effective at coaching learners as needed
- Demonstrated ability to delight customers, often in-person at their work location
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work
- Willingness to travel (post-pandemic)
- Fluent in English
- Experience in property and casualty (P&C) insurance industry knowledge, ideally with experience deploying new product lines
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts, ideally with some experience in database design in a business application environment
- Knowledge of XML, how its structure is controlled, and the tools used to generate and parse XML documents
- Cloud infrastructure/AWS knowledge
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.