Adventure's around the corner...
- Department Customer and Cloud Operations
- Location Canada - Remote
- Manage data base administrators (DBAs) supporting Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL and MySQL Server Databases running in AWS.
- Setup, patching, debugging, upgrading and installation of databases and tool sets. Documents and maintains consistent and current patches across test development and production environments.
- Contribute to data recovery, maintenance, data integrity, and space requirements for physical database being met through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management.
- Audit the current environments, provide capacity planning and best practices for the future production / development / test environments, which may include establishing new standards and procedures.
- Manage Jira ticket queue and measure and promote efficiency in the processing and completion of tickets.
- Develop strategies to maintain and support all databases with a goal to maximize availability and uptime.
- Maintain and improve best practices and standardize processes across the database team.
- Identify opportunities for operational efficiency through innovation and integration.
- Manage and contribute to data migration projects
- Analyze and evaluate systems for consolidation, optimization, or operational efficiency.
- Co-manage the team and help them to achieve high levels of operational excellence.
- Author SOPs, configuration specifications and related technical documentation.
Key qualifying skills
- 10 or more years’ experience in managing Database Platforms (e.g. - Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL)
- 2 or more years in a team leadership role with multiple reports
- Prior demonstrable technical experience having worked with multiple database products
- PL/SQL query language experience.
- Knowledge and experience in scripting languages, preferably e.g. - Shell, Python.
- An undergraduate or graduate level degree / diploma in Information Systems / Computer Science / EE or a related technical field of study from an accredited college or university or, an equivalent combination of relevant professional certifications and significant proven experience.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer 16 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning and holistic wellness, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.