Adventure's around the corner...
Senior Network Engineer, Dublin
- DepartmentBusiness Technology
- LocationIreland - Dublin
- Location TypeHybrid
In this role you will:
- Partner with stakeholders, improve and implement infrastructure.
- Perform required network and security updates to servers, services, and infrastructure.
- Support disaster recovery protocols, backup procedures.
- Provide hands-on operational support for Firewalls, Routers, Switches, and associated Security related devices.
- Investigate and resolve network and security incidents.
Previous experience & comfortable with the following activities:
- Ability to work as a team member and as an individual contributor.
- Network tools operation and administration.
- Knowledge in WAN/LAN Network Architecture and Operations including (Firewalls, Routers, Switches).
- Remediation of network security weaknesses, vulnerabilities.
- Response to security escalations such as requests for internal and/or external reports, events, and incidents (e.g. scanning, hacking, phishing).
- Escalation point for system administration and incident response.
- Able to manage expectations of client and internal project team;
- Ability to represent/communicate technical requirements and trade-offs in a business environment to facilitate effective decision making;
- Able to scope projects effectively;
- Effectively communicate issues with project team, and provide solutions to issues;
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of people;
- Comfortable with working with third party vendors;
- Effective writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise and high quality technical and business documents;
- A desire to work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional team;
- A strong sense of accountability and self-motivation;
- An ability to think critically and an aptitude for problem solving;
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of DMVPN;
- Working knowledge of ZScaler;
- Working knowledge of Manage Engine NCM
- Working knowledge on AWS
- Working knowledge on Aviatrix
- Working knowledge on Guardicore
- Working knowledge of Palo Alto Network firewall;
- Working knowledge of Meraki wireless networks;
- Good knowledge of Cisco enterprise switches and Identity Service Engine;
- Comfortable working with third parties and managed service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in network engineering
- Cisco certification preferred.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.