Data Support Analyst
Cyence is looking for a motivated customer support analyst to help support our data science team and our growing business of financial services customers. You are a self-starter interested in growing your career and learning valuable technical skills in a fast-paced startup environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Support ongoing customer request to use our application, do Business Research, triage internal data and put together customer portfolios
· Work with engineering teams to ensure timely completion of customer deliverables and manage expectations with customers
· Do deep dive analysis of data and ensure data quality
· Continuously working on automating the process
· Help triage a variety of customer related issues and coordinate with the right R&D teams to respond or resolve
· Work in a quick environment in which organization and accuracy are key
· A degree in a technical or business related field, background in statistics, math, engineering or computer science
· Extensive experience and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel
· Ability to research and analyze web content
· Ability to validate data at scale with both efficiency and attention to detail
· Ability to understand and visualize data relationships
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Comfortable working in a fast paced start-up environment working with cross functional and cross geographical teams
· Willingness and curiosity to learn new technologies and adapt to changing requirements
· Experience with SQL and/or strong interest in learning SQL
· Experience with business intelligence or reporting tools such as Tableau
· Experience with Python/R
Cyence is an analytics platform that quantifies the financial impact of cyber risk. Our first market is the insurance industry, where we help our clients understand, assess and manage risks associated with a wide range of cybersecurity events in a data-informed way. Cyence is now a product family within Guidewire Software, but we have retained our startup culture of collaboration.
We are Guidewire Software, and we're perhaps the best company to work for that you've never heard of. We are proud to be voted a “Top 3” employer on Glassdoor by our own employees, and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner.
We serve the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking), worth $2 trillion USD. We build the core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics.
We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and under served market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.